3 Nutritional Keys for Optimal Health and Vitality
- Free radicals damage cells and DNA. They are produced by the body and introduced through the environment.
- Antioxidants help neutralize free radicals
- Plants create antioxidants to protect its fruit from damage from the suns free radicals
- To get enough antioxidants, you need a minimum of 7 servings of fresh fruit and veggies every day. (1 serving = 1⁄2 cup)
- All plants have an ORAC score. ORAC = Oxygen Radical Absorbency Capacity. (7 servings = 3,500 ORAC units)
Variety is the key – A study in 2006 by Thompson, H.J. showed that a botanical diversity of fruits and vegetables plays an important role in the biological effect of antioxidant phytochemicals. The consumption of smaller quantities of many phytochemicals may result in more health benefits than the consumption of larger quantities of fewer phytochemicals.
Berry Radical: 1 tsp = 4,000 ORAC units (8 servings of fruit and vegetables) A delicious combination of the worlds most potent, antioxidant berries and raw chocolate (cacao).
Alkaline foods: Mainly fruits and veggies
Acidic foods: Meat, poultry, milk, cheese, bread, pasta, pastries, snack food, soft drinks and packaged foods.
- To help neutralize the acid, your body donates alkalizing minerals (calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium)
- Excess calcium (donated from the bones to try to neutralize acidity) now has to be excreted by the kidneys or in the faeces or it will be deposited elsewhere in the body…
- Lining of the arteries – hardening/atherosclerosis
- Kidney or gallbladder – stones
- Brain – brain fog/dementia
- Joints – stiffness/arthritis
-Cut down on acid consumption
-Replace alkaline minerals
Deep green foods like broccoli, kale, spinach and parsley:
- Highly alkalizing.
- Neutralize toxic acids in blood and tissues.
- Offer major benefits to your entire body.
- Good for: brain, bones, heart.
DeepGreen Alkalizing Superfood contains ONLY certified organic blue-green algae, green grass juices and leafy green vegetables.
- Blue-Green Algae – Certified Organic Spirulina
- Green Grass Juices – Certified Organic Cold- Temperature Dried Alfalfa, Barley, Kamut, Oat and Wheat Grass Juice Powders
- Leafy Green Vegetables – Certified Organic, Freeze-Dried Spinach, Kale, Parsley, Collard and Nettle.
Healthy Balance: 85% good bacteria, 15% bad.
Signs that the bad bacteria outnumber the good:
- Allergies and food sensitivities
- Difficulty losing weight,sugar/carbohydrate craving
- Frequent fatigue, poor concentration
- Frequent constipation or diarrhoea
- Faulty digestion, acid reflux and other gut disorders
- Sleeping poorly, night sweats
- Painful joint inflammation, stiffness
- Bad breath, gum disease and dental problems
- Frequent colds, fu or infections
- Chronic yeast problems
- Acne, eczema skin and foot fungus
- Extreme menstrual or menopausal symptoms
- Improve digestion;
- Increase nutrient assimilation, including calcium
- Strengthen the immune system Increase resistance to yeast infections
- Assist absorption of magnesium, calcium and iron
- Manufacture B complex vitamins (biotin and vitamin K)
- Relieve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Detoxify toxins and chemicals in gut
- Maintain correct pH balance invaginal ecosystem
- Reduce high blood pressure
- Reduce cholesterol in the blood
- Produce cancer or tumour suppressing compounds
- Improve Autism and ADHD in children- Fermented foods contain probiotics (friendly bacteria).